Bromilow’s Lifestyle & Wellness service offering incorporates Planned Activity Groups – supported social groups for Bromilow clients and their carers.
By providing meaningful social and recreational activities in a supportive and non-threatening group environment and by addressing the physical, social, cultural, emotional and recreational needs of those who attend, Bromilow offers the opportunity for clients and their carers to continue to be active and connected within the community.
The program and the various activities are designed around choice and the abilities of the people attending with an emphasis on enjoyment and fun, improving self-esteem through independence and maintaining or improving physical and/or cognitive capacity
What are the benefits of social engagement?
Social engagement is a fundamental part of positive and healthy ageing.
- Taps into long term memories
- Promotes friendship
- Provides links to the community
- Provides carers with respite
- Create smiles – when you smile, you feel good
Who can benefit from social engagement?
- Socially isolated people
- People who are geographically isolated
- People with memory loss
- People with challenging behaviours
- Care staff – through increased job satisfaction
- Anyone who would enjoy social activities/outings!
For further information or to join Bromilow’s Planned Activity Groups, please contact Bromilow’s Lifestyle and Events Coordinator, Nicole Hambrook on 07 5445 5676.